Suitable for monitoring safety gates in industrial harsh environments.
Carlo Gavazzi Automation, the international electronics group with activities in the design, manufacture and marketing of electronic equipment, today is proud to introduce its new family of MC88C which widens the range of MC safety magnetic sensors together with the recently launched MC36C sensor.
The new MC88C series of magnetically-coded REED safety magnetic sensors is the ideal solution to monitor the position of sliding, hinged and removable safety guards, insensitive to dirt and dust, especially where a precise approach is not possible and greater tolerances are required.
When connected to a safety module, these sensors are suitable for safety gate applications up to PLe/Category 4 according to EN ISO 13849-1. They can stop or disconnect dangerous motions when mobile protections are opened or displaced.
“The new MC88C sensor series is extremely versatile and easy to install”, Davide Boschetti International Product Specialist says. “By selecting one of the three actuators it is possible to change the switching distance between 5, 8, and 18 mm.
“The new MC88C sensor series is extremely versatile and easy to install”, Davide Boschetti International Product Specialist says. “By selecting one of the three actuators it is possible to change the switching distance between 5, 8, and 18 mm. This extra-wide sensing range is mainly targeted at applications for monitoring gates in safety fences, for covers, lids and roll up doors and for position detection.”
Main technical features
- Output configuration: 2NO, 1NO + 1NC, 2NO + 1NC
- 2m PVC cable, M8-Plug or pig-tail with M12 connector
- Left or right exit connection versions
- LED version also available for all mechanical variants
- Assured switching distance (Sao): 5 mm with actuator MC88CM1, 8 mm with actuator MC88CM2, 18 mm with actuator MC88CM3
- Assured switch-off distance (Sar): 15 mm with actuator MC88CM1, 18 mm with actuator MC88CM2, 30 mm with actuator MC88CM3
- Operating temperature between -25 and +80°C (-13 to 176 °F)
- Standard dimensions: 88 x 25 x 13 mm
- Rated operating voltage: 12-24 VAC/VDC
- Rated operating current: 0.25 A (resistive load)
- Maximum switching load: 6 W (resistive load)
- Maximum operating frequency: 100 Hz
- Degree of protection: IP67
- CE and cULus approved